Summary of the Buttonwood Crossing HOA Regulations
The Regulations of the Buttonwood Crossing HOA are binding on all homeowners and are derived from our governing documents, which are listed here in order of authority:
- Articles of Incorporation
- Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions
- Community Rules
To view these documents, please click the button at the bottom of this page and they will open in a new tab of your web browser – in the form of a single PDF document. You may use Ctrl-F to perform a keyword search.
As a convenience to homeowners, the Board of Directors have compiled on this web page a list of several of the key regulations that you should be aware of. Please note that this is not a comprehensive list, and the language is not always quoted verbatim. The governing documents are authoritative, not this web page. Any questions can be directed to the Board of Directors using our Contact Us Page.
- All exterior alterations to Units (homes) must be submitted to the HOA Board of Directors and approved in writing before proceeding with the work. No exceptions.
- Roofs must be approved in writing by the HOA Board of Directors.
- Fencing of any area is prohibited without HOA Board approval.
- Swimming pools are not permitted, with the exception of children’s pools less than 24 inches high and 100 square feet in area, which must be located only in the backyard and must be securely covered at all times when not in use (for safety reasons).
- No dog or other customary household pet shall exceed thirty-five (35) pounds and no more than two (2) household pets may be kept in any one unit. Dogs must be on a leash, and dog waste cleaned up immediately.
- Fire pits must meet Hallam Borough ordinances for location and safety.
- Weeds are the responsibility of the home owner and are to be cleared as needed (this is usually a weekly task in the summer months). Weeds tend to grow in the front, back, around mailboxes and between the parking pads.
- Unit owners shall be responsible for mowing any area of their lot that is obstructed in such a manner as to prohibit free and uninterrupted mowing of their lawns. This rule includes tree branches which obstruct mowing.
- All satellite dishes must be in the rear of the property or on the rear of the roof so as not to be seen from the street.
- Trash cans must be stored in the rear of the Units and removed from the front 24 hours after trash has been picked up.
- No unregistered, inoperative or uninspected vehicles and no buses, boats, recreational vehicles, trailers or commercial trucks shall be stored at any unit, unless it is stored inside of a garage with the door closed.
- No advertising signs are permitted, except the signs of Real Estate Companies.
- No personal property is to be stored or maintained in the front or side area of the Units (this includes porches).
- Every section of homes has a specific paint color for the doors and shutters and must be uniform within the section. The paint is Sherwin Williams and exact colors for each section can be found on the website by clicking here.
- Enclosed additions to homes are not permitted. This includes, but is not limited to enclosed decks, sunrooms, and screened-in porches.
- The Board of Directors has enacted, and shall utilize a penalty / fine system for infractions of the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions, By-Laws, or Community Rules. Details can be found in the Community Rules section of our governing documents.
For a complete copy of the governing documents (Regulations) of the Buttonwood Crossing HOA, please click here:Governing Documents of the Buttonwood Crossing HOA